IRC meeting on 20110509
IRC meeting Log file is saved as Log_meeting-20110509.txt in multimedia area. You can get it from there.
I (Luis) read carefully the irc meeting log and I submit my conclusions for its results.
Meeting Log Sintexis
Participants: argon; chescobar; fadi; jucar; luis; palby, surf.
Subject: We agree on talk about three principal points:
- servers and migration;
- policy; and
- getting funds.
P.1: Localization of servers
Agree in moving the resources. Geographical distribution of servers, according to some guidelines:
- a. security and bandwhidt
- b. local maintenance (hardware, principaly)
- c. local legal considerations (p2p, etc.)
- Residence locations as posible: Italy (Turin, Genova, Salerno); Ecuador; Uruguay; Sweden, India.
(Will be made a table of some kind: #Server / City / Responsable)
- On each place, with a "goodfather" as a server's coordinator (= Responsable).
- The international distribution of contents, is considered a important choice for security and legal reasons.
- Perhaps will be necessary to standby the distribution of some machines in order of these international relocalization of the equipments. The international moving out of EU would be a problem to resolve (physical and financiary).
- Explore the posibilities to expand to others countries, as Russia, Ukrania, etc..
- Is defined a primer chronogram for moving some equipment (> May 16, move to Turin).
- Servers will host all our projects.
- Some servers will be dedicated to multiprocessing, hosting a blender farm or/and projects like this (rendering processes), with good bandwidth.
- Projects started to rebuild: unasur/dakshinsur; space-hipatia
- Projects will be made under hipatia brand
- Rules will be made. Include compromise.
- Start-point documents:
P.3: Getting funds
- We agree in that is necessary to design a robust project to get funds.
- The goals of the project define the funds's sources.
- Posibles sources: UNESCO,
- Start-point document (as goals orientation):
OTHERS ITEMS WE TALK ABOUT
Next meeting: 17/5/2011 at 1800 Ecuador / 0100 Italy / 2000 Uruguay
Personal notes = BRAINSTORM
- - 2 machines in Sweden, with many vserver in each of them (gnu.org.in; web4all.in; etc.), and hosting several domains.
- - Others possible resources: TopIX; Axant; Bahnhoff
THINGS WE NEED
- . Description of the resources in discussion. Equipment, configurations, actives domains, etc..
Matteo had make a page  for this goal.
- . Design of network matrix proposed.
- . The project brand would be in IT sociology; social economy; cultural change; education; original cultures diffusion.
IDEAS FOR PROJECT's GOALS ENHANCED
- Repositories for OPLC software from uruguayan Ceibal Project
- Multimedia resources and videoconference rooms for international projects between regional Universities, and others educational projects