An increasing number of colleagues and collaborators is depending on SaaS for their team work. With this short document, we explain how to set up an alternative for those who wish to enjoy participating in exciting projects without sacrificing their freedom.
This guide is written with academic projects in mind, but can easily be extended to other applications.
- Retain control over one's own computing.
- Retain control over one's own your data and privacy.
- Avoid lock-ins, sabotage and obsolescence.
- Collaboratively edit and share documents over the Internet.
- Easy to maintain and run.
- File sharing
- Calendar synchronization
- Collaborative editing with support for comments
- External authentication supported